Gmail is one of the must-have apps on every smartphone. Even iOS users will use the Gmail app. In the Gmail app, you can add multiple Gmail accounts you want and manage all the accounts with ease. Ever since the Dark Mode became a hot topic, every platform introduced it one after the other. The platform released the Dark Mode in Sep 2019. You can enable the Gmail Dark Mode in Android, iOS, and desktop platforms.
Gmail Dark Mode on Different devices
- In iOS devices
- In Android devices
- For PCs
How to Enable Gmail Dark Mode in iOS devices?
If you are using iOS 13 and above devices, follow the below steps.
(1) Open the Gmail app on your iOS device (iPhone or iPad)
(2) Tap on the Menu icon (three horizontal-lined icon) on the top left of the screen.
(3) Scroll down a bit and click on the Settings option.
(4) On the Settings page, choose the Theme option.
(5) Choose the Dark theme. The app will be changed to a dark theme.
(6) If you want to revert, choose the Light theme.
If you choose System Default, the Gmail app will work on your device settings. For instance, if you enable Dark Mode on your iPhone, the Gmail app will work on dark mode.
If you are using iOS 12 or 11, you need to sightly change the steps to enable the Dark mode.
(1) Open the Gmail app and tap the Menu icon on the top left side.
(2) Choose the Settings option.
(3) Turn on the Dark theme toggle to enable the Dark mode.
(4) If you don’t want the Dark mode, turn off the Dark theme toggle.
How to Enable Gmail Dark Mode in Android devices?
As of now, Gmail Dark Mode is available only for Android Q (Android 10) version. If you are using an older version, update your Android device to Android 10.
(1) Open the Gmail app on your Android device.
(2) Tap the Menu icon on the top left of the screen.
(3) Choose the Settings option.
(4) Under the Settings page, choose General Settings.
(5) Now, scroll down and click on the Theme option.
(6) Choose the Dark Mode to enable the dark mode.
(7) If you want the light mode back, choose the Light mode.
(8) If you choose System default, the Gmail app will turn on dark mode when you turn on dark mode on Android.
If you are using Android 8 (Oreo), Android 9 (Pie) and can’t update to the recent version, open the Chrome browser in dark mode and use the Gmail on your Android mobile.
How to Enable Gmail Dark Mode in PCs?
(1) Go to your Gmail account (mail.google.com) on your desktop or laptop by using any of the web browsers.
(2) Click the Settings icon on the top right side of the page.
(3) On the pop-up, choose the Theme option.
(4) All the available themes will appear. Scroll down and select the Dark theme (next to the default theme). When the theme is applied, click the Save button.
(5) Now, the website will appear on dark Mode. If you want to go back to the default theme, click the Settings icon and Theme option again. Choose the Default theme.
These are the different ways that you can enable the Gmail night mode. Use the Gmail app in the dark mode and protect your eyes from the blue light. If you have any doubts about the above steps, tell us in the comments section.